Why Do I Need an Irvine Personal Injury Lawyer?
After getting hurt, you may have legal rights. California law protects victims of negligence and allows them to recover monetary compensation for losses. If a loved one is killed in an accident caused by breach of legal duty, family members may also take legal action in a wrongful death claim.
Whether you were hurt or someone you love was killed, you need an Irvine personal injury lawyer to help you understand your rights and pursue your damage claim. Call Brown & Charbonneau, LLP today to schedule a free consultation with a personal injury attorney who has the experience, compassion and skills you need on your case.
Why You Need an Irvine Personal Injury Lawyer
There are many reasons why you need an Irvine personal injury lawyer to help after an injury, including the following:
- You need a lawyer to help determine who to make a claim against. In many situations, there are multiple parties potentially responsible for your injury. The most obvious person to make your claim against may not be the only or best person to make your claim against. For example, after a truck accident you may want to sue the careless truck driver. However, taking legal action against the trucking company and the driver may actually give you the opportunity to recover more compensation.
- You need a lawyer to help ensure you meet deadlines. If you fail to file a claim within the statute of limitations, you could end up being unable to take legal action at all. Your attorney can help you to meet the deadline.
- You need an attorney to investigate your case. Victims who are hurt have the burden of proving that they deserve compensation. You must prove that the person or entity you are making a claim against breached a legal duty. You also have to show that the failure was the direct cause of damage for which you can be compensated. Your Irvine personal injury attorney can investigate the case, interview witnesses, find experts and help make a strong claim.
- You need an Irvine personal injury lawyer to negotiate with the insurance company. Usually, an insurance company has decision-making authority. For example, an insurer may represent a negligent driver, the owner of a building where a fall occurred, or a negligent doctor. Insurers notoriously try to convince plaintiffs to settle for less than they deserve. Your attorney can help to negotiate the most favorable possible settlement under the circumstances.
- You need an attorney to present a case to a jury. There are specific rules of evidence and you need to ensure you follow court requirements to make your case.
These are some of the many reasons why you need an Irvine personal injury lawyer when you get hurt and want to get compensation for losses. Brown & Charbonneau, LLP has extensive experience on injury claims and our attorneys charge legal fees only if we win. Call today to schedule a free consultation and learn more about how we can help with your claim.