When engaged in a dispute or negotiation, how can you get the leverage you need to achieve your legal goals? Having a certified trial specialist on your side shows strength and can give you an edge at the negotiating table.
The legal system is designed to allow both individuals and businesses to protect their interests and seek justice. The courtroom is a place where a single person can prevail
against a large corporation or where a business can turn for help protecting itself against the dishonest and illegal acts of a competitor. A court provides a level playing field governed by rules of evidence and rules of procedure that make it possible for every plaintiff and defendant to tell his side of the story.
Unfortunately, the legal system is also a system with myriad complexities and many technical rules. You need to understand how to make the court system work for you in order to preserve your rights and protect your interests. Brown & Charbonneau, LLP can be your guide. We have an extensive trial practice and can provide you with the legal representation that you need.
To view our Ratings and Awards, CLICK HERE
Our Irvine Trial Practice
Litigation is often a last resort for resolving disputes because of the expense and uncertainty that may be involved in a court trial. Not every attorney is prepared and ready to take a case to court. Sometimes, however, the best and only way to protect your interests is to go to trial.
At Brown & Charbonneau, LLP, we have Board Certified Trial Specialists and American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) members. We also have a Top 100 Trial Lawyer by the National Trial Lawyers. We are ready to help you prepare your case and present evidence to a judge or a jury. You have the burden of proving your case and we will help every step of the way, from managing an investigation to finding expert witnesses to taking a strategic approach to convincing a judge and jury of the soundness of your arguments.
When your case goes to trial, there may be many steps involved including:
- Determining what rules of law will apply to your case.
- Understanding the required elements of your claim.
- Deposing witnesses and managing interrogatories.
- Finding experts and eyewitnesses to testify on your behalf.
- Choosing the right court with jurisdiction over your claim or responding appropriately to cases brought against you.
- Pre-trial preparation, pre-trial motions and pleadings.
- Presenting your case following evidentiary rules and meeting your burden of proof.
- Appealing unfavorable decisions to a higher court.
Take a virtual tour of our Irvine Law Offices, CLICK HERE
Brown & Charbonneau, LLP has a full-service trial practice. Our attorneys are experienced litigators who will take the time to understand your desired outcomes and develop the best and most strategic approach to achieving your goals. We represent individuals and corporations in a wide variety of different court cases as part of our trial practice including:
- Business litigation
- Commercial and UCC litigation
- Partnership and contract disputes
- Shareholder litigation
- Fraud, misrepresentation and concealment litigation
- Non-compete, unfair competition and false advertising
- Trade secrets and confidential information
- Breach of warranty (express or implied)
- Breach of fiduciary duty
- Breach of duty of loyalty, self dealing by officers/directors
- Conversion (business theft) claims
- Fraudulent transfers to avoid creditors
- Employment disputes, discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination
- Defamation in business – libel, slander, false light
- Intentional interference with contract and prospective economic advantage
- Trademark, patent and copyright litigation
- Intellectual property disputes
- Commercial lease disputes
- Sale of business disputes
- Invasion of Privacy – wrongful use of name, likeness
- Business and corporate dissolutions
- Alter Ego liability
- Receivers, Injunctions and Temporary Restraining Orders
- Punitive damage claims
- Collections and lien foreclosures
- Family law litigation
- Real estate and construction litigation
- Personal injury litigation
- Product liability and manufacturing claims
- Professional negligence and malpractice
Our attorneys have over 75 years of collective experience and have had many successes in the courtroom. Let us put our legal experience to work for you.
Getting Help from Irvine Trial Attorneys
Hiring a litigator to represent you is advisable even if your case ultimately is settled outside of court. An experienced trial attorney knows how to put together a compelling claim that can make the other party more likely to settle on favorable terms. That is because they know that our attorneys are proven and high quality trial lawyers. When you do need the courts to resolve your dispute, our attorneys are ready to stand up and fight for you. Call Brown & Charbonneau, LLP today at 714-505-3000 or contact us online to speak with a member of our legal team and learn more about our trial practice and how we can help you.