Gregory G. Brown speaks at International Business Conference in London, UK
Business attorney, Gregory G. Brown spoke at the June 14 – 15, 2017 international business conference on ENDS about “Best Practices” on legal issues facing manufacturers. Brown was part of an international panel of experts on the ENDS/Manufacturing industries brought in to address recent developments in the legal landscape. The panel of experts were addressing:
- cGMP (current good manufacturing practices) for e cig industry
- PMTA procedures and issues (“Pre Market Tobacco Applications”)
- FDA compliance with “Deeming Regulations”
- Prospects of new US Administration scaling back or elimination new regulatory scheme
- Effective use of Pre-PMTA meetings with the FDA
- Expected testing procedures/clinical studies on ENDS products
Brown senior partner in the business and litigation law firm of Brown & Charbonneau, LLP. He is based out of Irvine, CA. Brown has been working with clients on the PMTA process and compliance with the new FDA “Deeming Regulations” pertaining to the newly regulated ENDS products in the United States as well and the European Union’s TPD regulations.
The sale and use of electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes) and Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems (ENDS) has drastically increased over the past few years. As a result, the e-cigarette industry is burgeoning.
Brown & Charbonneau, LLP offers a unique background of comprehensive experience dealing daily with e-cigarettes and e-liquids, including advising on regulatory compliance, counseling on risk mitigation strategies and defending clients’ interests when disputes arise.
The recent finalization of the primary source of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Deeming Rule, this industry is now subject to extensive Federal Regulation. Our firm has unparalleled industry focus, which allows us to advise e-cigarette and e-liquid companies through the maze of new FDA requirements.
In addition to FDA regulations, individual states and countries have also passed additional and different regulations, requiring these companies to focus more on regulatory compliance matters. Our firm has guided industry leaders on the growing number of laws and regulations that impact their business.
Our Irvine e cig attorneys can represent e-cigarette industry clients on a wide variety of areas affecting their business, including:
- FDA Deeming Rule
- Prevention of Sale to Minors
- Pathways for Premarket Authorization
- Label and Packaging Requirements
- European Union Tobacco Product Directive
- Child Nicotine Poisoning Prevention Act of 2015
- State and Local Law and Regulatory Issues
- International Law and Regulatory Issues
- California’s Proposition 65
- Manufacturing requirements, including:
- Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP);
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO);
- S. Department of Labor Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA); and
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH).
To learn more about these areas, click here.
Call today at 714.505.3000 or contact us online to speak with a member of our legal team and learn more about the assistance we can provide.